We are proud to be recognized by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers. Also, the Women's Health Center has been awarded the "Breast Imaging Center of Excellence" designation from the American College of Radiology. The center is the only Breast Imaging Center of Excellence in Rensselaer County, and one of only a few such programs in the greater Capital Region.
* Instruction in breast self-examination (BSE)
* Mammography services accredited by the American College of Radiology
* State-of-the-art digital mammography with ImageChecker, the newest digital technology for analyzing mammography images. ImageChecker can greatly assist in the early detection of breast cancer. In fact, clinical studies have shown that for every 100,000 cancers currently identified during mammography screening in the US, use of the ImageChecker could result in an additional 20, 500 cancers being detected each year.
* Bella Blanket - a protective coverlet helps remove the chill during your mammogram and provides added protection in our sanitary enviornment.
* Breast Ultrasound - featuring eSie Touch Elasticity Imaging which helps distinguish harmless lumps from malignant ones with nearly 100 percent accuracy.
* Breast Biopsy -
* Breast MRI, utilizing the DynaCAD system, available in Samaritan Hospital's medical imaging department
We believe that you should have "no more sleepless nights" when it comes to your breast health. That means, we meet or exceed national benchmarks for quality breast care, including:
Osteoporosis affects 50 percent of women over 45, and 90 percent over 75. Our center provides:
To keep you healthy and well, we offer a variety of integrative therapies, including healing touch, hypnotherapy and massage. We also have an expansive library of books, videos, and up-to-the-minute medical journals and periodicals, as well as access to the Internet and assistance with researching women's health topics.
Samaritan Hospital's Women's Health Center participates in the Cancer Services Program which provides free breast screening services, including mammograms and diagnostic breast ultrasound. Through the program, uninsured and underinsured patients without a personal physician are referred to the Northeast Health Primary Care Network for cervical exams, Pap tests and colo-rectal cancer screening.
To schedule a mammogram or bone density screening, please call (518) 271-3288.