Where exceptional people make the difference!
At Northeast Health, our employees are our most important resource. That's why we've designed a comprehensive benefits package for you.
Northeast Health offers challenging and rewarding work and flexible schedules at an array of work settings. We have positions in hospitals, long-term care, home care, rehabilitation, geriatric specialties and more. Northeast Health is where your career can grow with you.
- Medical coverage is available for individuals & families. You have a choice of carrier and the premium is shared by employer & employee.
- Dental coverage is available for individuals & families. The premium is shared by employer & employee.
- Group Life coverage is provided to eligible employees.
- Dependent Life coverage is available for eligible employees to purchase.
- Short-term Disability coverage is provided as required under the NYS Disability Law (provides partial wage replacement due to off-the-job illness/injury resulting in lost work time.)
- Group Long-term Disability coverage is provided to eligible employees.
- Workers Compensation coverage is provided as required under the NYS Workers' Compensation Law (provides partial wage replacement & medical care due to job-related illness/injury with or without lost work time.)
- Professional Liability (malpractice) coverage is provided to protect all employees acting within the scope of their positions.
- Unemployment Insurance is provided as required under NYS law.
- Auto/Home/Renters insurance is available at a discount. Employees must work at least 15 hours/wk; premium can be paid by payroll deduction, automatic checking account deduction, or direct billing at home.
At some sites, eligible employees are eligible to purchase:
- Universal Life Insurance
- Extended Disability Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Medical/Dental Premiums are deducted before payroll tax.
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Account allows employees to make a pretax contribution to a reimbursement account to cover eligible child care expenses.
- Health Care Reimbursement Account allows employees to make a pretax contribution to a reimbursement account to cover eligible health care expenses. (Available at some sites)
- Tax Deferred Annuity Plan allows contributions to be made prior to payroll taxes being deducted and postpones tax liability.
PAID TIME OFF...
We recognize the need for employees to take time off for various reasons, and provide full- and part-time employees with benefit time for:
Some sites offer the opportunity for paid time off to be cashed out and/or used to cover insurance premiums.
RETIREMENT AND SAVINGS PROGRAMS...
- Northeast Health provides an employer funded Retirement Plan to eligible employees.
- A Tax Deferred Annuity Plan is also available for employees to make pretax contributions to an eligible investment option available under the plan.
- Continuing Education - Employees are eligible to apply for tuition assistance when attending courses within a related field. SAGE Health Systems Alliance is a special program available to eligible employees to received additional discounts at The Sage Colleges.
- Northeast Health Student Loan Forgiveness & Stipend Program - assists qualified individuals to pursue an LPN Certificate or RN Associate Degree at either Memorial Hospital or Samaritan Hospital School of Nursing through various loan and stipend options
- Professional Development is supported through extensive training opportunities, including:
- Seven Habits of Highly Effective People
- Northeast Health Leadership and Development Program
- Customer Service Series
- Management & Personal Development Courses
- Computer Training
- Career Ladders
- Opportunities for Advancement are available throughout the Northeast Health network of services. Employees are given access to an extensive posting system and promotions are encouraged and supported.
AND EVEN MORE...
- NYS College Savings Program allows employees to establish a tuition savings account for future college expenses. Contributions can be made through payroll on an after-tax basis.
- Domestic Partner insurance coverage is available under our Health Care plans.
- A Credit Union membership is available to all employees. It includes savings, checking, holiday club, vacation accounts and loans.
- Employee travel is reimbursed for all travel incurred for work, excluding commute miles.
- Direct Deposit of payroll checks is available to all employees.
- Employee Assistance Program includes free and confidential counseling available to employees and family members.
- Employees are eligible for a 10 percent discount for Adult Day Care Services to assist in elder care.
- Vision Care discounts are available to employees and family members of Northeast Health.
- Your input is important! Employees are encouraged to share experiences and recommendations through Employee Surveys and Focus Groups.
- A Pharmacy Discount is offered to employees for prescription and over-the-counter medications at Samaritan and Albany Memorial hospital pharmacies.
- Free Parking
Please Note: This summary is a brief overview and not meant to represent a comprehensive list of benefits. Please see the individual affiliate in order to obtain eligibility criteria and specific details on benefits by employee classification. Our human resource representatives are always ready to answer your questions.