Each year, approximately 700,000 people in the United States suffer a new or recurrent stroke. While it can happen to anyone, at any age, stroke is the leading cause of adult disability, resulting in paralysis, sensory impairment, swallowing problems, loss of communication skills and disruption of a person's ability to think clearly.
Sunnyview's reputation as the premier stroke rehabilitation program in the region is based on more than 40 years of excellence and measurable success. Using state-of-the-art technologies and a comprehensive, individualized interdisciplinary team approach to treatment, Sunnyview's stroke center consistently returns the majority of patients to the community and provides follow-up outpatient care as needed.
Services and programs include:
* Physical, occupational and speech/swallowing therapies
* Neuropsychological evaluation, including screening for depression
* Modified constraint-induced movement therapy
* Gait training using the Bioness system
* Balance and gait training using the Lite-Gait Systema
* Nutritional screening and counseling
* Leisure skills evaluation
* On-site functional living apartment to practice skills
* Stroke risk reduction planning
* Supervised community outings
* Driver evaluation and training
* Patient, family and caregiver education and support groups
* Young Adult Stroke Program
* Post Stroke Club
* Studio Arts Group
Here's what sets our Stroke Rehabilitation Program apart:
American Heart Association
American Stroke Association
National Stroke Association
National Institute of Neurological Diseases and Stroke
Stroke Awareness Foundation
Northeast Cerebrovascular Consortium
Accredited by CARF (Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities) as a Stroke Specialty Program.
For more information, call us at (518) 382-4500.