If you are pregnant, you need to take care of yourself and your baby. Mothers who receive good prenatal care have healthier pregnancies and stronger babies.
The best way to prepare for a strong, healthy baby is to:
- See your doctor regularly
- Take advantage of the MOMS Program at Cohoes Family Care
Services provided by MOMS
- Pregnancy health and childbirth education
- Social worker services (counseling and referral to community services)
- Nutrition counseling
- Parenting education
- Family planning education
- HIV counseling and confidential testing
- Bilingual education materials
- Early access to prenatal care, including free pregnancy testing, referral to an obstetrician, determination of Medicaid/WIC eligibility
- Referral to WIC, primary care and pediatric services
- Assistance with public transporation
Who works at MOMS?
An RN (registered nurse), a registered dietitian, and a social worker staff the MOMS Program. You will need to see your own doctor of certified nurse midwife for your medical care.
Are services free?
Yes! There is no charge for MOMS services. We can help you apply for health insurance and choose an obstetrician or certified nurse midwife.
MOMS is located at Cohoes Family Care, 95 Remsen Street in Cohoes. Call us at 235-7282 to schedule an appointment and we can give you directions. If you have trouble arranging transportation, please ask us for help.